Hubron have developed a Laser Marking additive masterbatch solution which can be integrated into plastics to provide a permanent black, high contrast colour change.
Our additive masterbatch is suitable for a wide range of plastics, from polyolefins to engineering resins. This laser marking additive masterbatch can be used for applications such as printing lot numbers, expiry dates, logos, readable QR codes and tamper proof anti-counterfeit technology.
When used in combination with an appropriate CO2 laser, our product benefits include:
- High quality, permanent marking: light, heat, scuff, and wash resistant
- Excellent image clarity and sharpness that can provide a clear and readable QR code
- Efficient laser solution with fast coding speeds which increases productivity
- Eliminates consumables from production environments
- Removes foaming, burning and ablation area
- Print anywhere, even on stepped or curved surfaces
Using our additive Masterbatch is perfect for increasing your sustainability, improving efficiency and enhancing the integrity of your brand. In combination with CO2 lasers this provides a cheaper option compared to UV and fibre alternatives.
This product can be used for photonic printing in a range of different applications including:
- Automotive Parts
- Electronic Components
- Industrial Cables and Pipes
- HPC Bottles and Tubes
- Caps and Closures
- Agriculture ID Tags
How it works
- Hubron’s laser marking additive masterbatch is integrated into the polymer in pellet form by extruding/injecting during the product manufacturing process.
- Standard CO2 scribing lasers, positioned at the end of the line, activate the functional additive within the product to print variable information directly onto the product surface.
- Products are ready to enter the distribution network with clear, permanent, anti-counterfeit and tamper-proof coding.